Site Meter a day in the life of..: i had to find you, tell you i need you, tell you i set you apart.

a day in the life of..

moved to a new and exciting blog at http://erikbriones.blogspot.com see you there i created this blog space for me to post my poems, other words, and share it with everyone... post your comments =) if you have blogs, poems or rants that you want to share with me please do give me the link =) ############### please feed my pet erikbaboy ###############

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cebu, Philippines

i am me as you are he and we are all together. =) i am not a very nice person

Monday, April 17, 2006

i had to find you, tell you i need you, tell you i set you apart.

i have seen the movie wicker park over and over again but everytime i watch it my i feel like my blood was dropping like a waterfall...

the story is just great..maybe other people would think that it feels just like another 'product" but for me it isnt. It draws me to the story, and makes me fall in love with the character LISA. maybe its just the "hopeless" romantic in me, but i think the movie + the soundtrack is just a notch closer to being perfect (real).

its a movie i can totally relate to. it tells us that life (in the sense of loving someone) has its ups and downs and it is all up to you to put the puzzles together and be a bit braver than you should be... its a lot like playing with and sometimes against fate (and all its complications)

For Matthew's character, i totally understand how he feels. somehow along the course of our lives we have these certain questions inside of our head. we have this quest for something that fits... and we can feel it when something is amiss, or is not right.

Moving back to 2 years ago, i also admired the way he chased Lisa, after only seeing her from that broken camera... wow, it mustve been a loud spark inside his heart when he saw Lisa's face.

But one part of the movie which i didnt notice until my friends pointed it out is that it was rather too quick for Matthew to drop his relationship with his fiancee because he had found the girl he felt in love with 2 years ago.. isnt it a bit unfair? that the breakup and meeting lisa happened in like..10mins. well maybe that was just a "representation" so then it pulls you back to the thought that its just a movie.

For Lisa's character, she's just so pretty. hehehe and it feels really sad that she wasnt able to move in with matthew because of certain things. They both love each other but they were unaware that some things might not go there way. Were they too careless? maybe so. But it was rather unfair for both of them.

I am inlove with Lisa's character. She's artsy. I like her eyebrows (hmmm) I can feel that her character is one that is strongwilled, brave., but in a way weak.. (just a good mixture of both) She dances well. She's fun (i like the way she crawled to Alex's window.) She's very positive, even to trying to share that energy to her friend Alex.

And for Alex. I understand her point. I also felt a big (yes that's right feeling) inside of me when she said she wouldnt apologize for what she did. (she's the one that caused the "breakup" of Matthew and Kisa"). Yes, she need not apologize, because in her point of view, she just did what she had to do.. For LOVe (woohoo). I like her character as well. I think she's cute. Her blank stares and pale white cheeks amazes me. But sadly for her, she wasnt meant for Matthew.
I cannot remember which Shakespeare play was fitted in the movie, but i think that was Hamlet.

The soundtrack to the movie added a lot of EMOTIONS. How can you..well, how can I not be moved by Mazzy Star saying..."..They say everyman goes blind in his heart, And they say everybody steals somebody’s heart away."

Stereophonics made the movie a fastpaced-highway/laidback-loveaffair (whew) with their opening song Maybe Tomorrow..adding the perfect hum.

and then.. how could i write about wicker park, and not talk about the airport scene..
if you just grab that moment out of the entire film you would still feel the same. I dont know., but for me it is just so moving. I can feel both their emotions. All the thoughts racing through their minds (or is it in mine) Like after all these years of not knowing where and why they were separated and lead them to live lives otherwise together...they just had to meet in the airport.
and to add to all those blistering sparks of light (love), Coldplay's the Scientist is played at the background. how romantic can a movie get?

I dont know, but the feeling of the whole movie is like we are (i am) put into their lives and been pushed at random directions and suddenly, im being squeezed in a 2inch diameter can.
my heart was squeezed,. my thoughts were frozen. my emotions overflowing... this movie made me felt something.... it moved me.

*thisisnt a movie review, and i just wrote them to express my thoughts about the movie, pardon my construction of words as i am not a writer. and maybe u felt the movie wasnt so great. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home