Site Meter a day in the life of..: Love in the Time of Cholera, and grammar

a day in the life of..

moved to a new and exciting blog at http://erikbriones.blogspot.com see you there i created this blog space for me to post my poems, other words, and share it with everyone... post your comments =) if you have blogs, poems or rants that you want to share with me please do give me the link =) ############### please feed my pet erikbaboy ###############

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cebu, Philippines

i am me as you are he and we are all together. =) i am not a very nice person

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Love in the Time of Cholera, and grammar

here's an edited version... i was embarrased to read my writing this morning.lol

=========================================


ok ., so i havent finished the book yet. let me make that clear. but i am sooo proud as to have had a chance to read one. =) I got interested in this book for only one reason, that it was used in the movie Serendipity.

Fortunately. (poverty of words) i have with me a borrowed copy.

And as i was reading last weekend,.. words can't express how much the book has enchanted me. two thumbs up to Mr. Marquez. =) i dont read books that much. The last one i read was Omerta. it was a great read as well. this one is different. it is in every sense.. a series of romantic words weaved into a story that dont only awaken your senses, but tells you a thousand "somethings" about LOVE.

i cannot fully describe the feelings the book invokes .. not when it says..

- that the boy's mother is aware that his son has a sickness.. but she isnt sure that it is cholera or it is love.. for both have the same symptoms...

- that the boy's love interest.. somehow felt, that when she attends High Mass, and when the choir plays the church hymns,.. she is certain that the violin plays only for her.... ahem, the boy plays the violin.


that, and i haven't read half of the book yet.
=)

argh....

*just a thought,
someone can continue loving someone else for half a century, even if this someone already has a family of her own.

hmmm..

1 Comments:

Blogger jeands said...

read it faster... ako sunod. :)

5:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home