Site Meter a day in the life of..: A Staring Contest with a Flower

a day in the life of..

moved to a new and exciting blog at http://erikbriones.blogspot.com see you there i created this blog space for me to post my poems, other words, and share it with everyone... post your comments =) if you have blogs, poems or rants that you want to share with me please do give me the link =) ############### please feed my pet erikbaboy ###############

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cebu, Philippines

i am me as you are he and we are all together. =) i am not a very nice person

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

A Staring Contest with a Flower

i went to church last sunday
and on my way home i walked into the park

there i saw a beggar, he was sitting on the bench
what's odd was, i was almost certain he was as old as me
25, maybe. If only he had his hair cut well, and his face clean shaven
and maybe if he ate at least once a day.

i sat at the bench on the other corner
trying to figure out what he was doing
he was speaking as if in a conversation with someone
but i examined further he was writing down something

i also noticed that his body is somewhat bent
was he inspecting the cobbled stones? or perhaps the flowers

after a few minutes he hummed a tune and left

i went to the bench where he was and found out
that indeed he wrote something down,
his very own poem, written in the simplest of words
entitled "A Staring Contest with a Beautiful Flower"

i cannot speak the words he spoke
but somehow i felt like i understood him

he was staring at the flower for months now
and he notices how beautiful it was
he always wanted to bring the flower home
but he didnt know how to take care of it

every day he looks up to see if the flower is doing fine

then something occured to me
i must be eating lunch now...

=P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home