Site Meter a day in the life of..: a not so bitter symphony..

a day in the life of..

moved to a new and exciting blog at http://erikbriones.blogspot.com see you there i created this blog space for me to post my poems, other words, and share it with everyone... post your comments =) if you have blogs, poems or rants that you want to share with me please do give me the link =) ############### please feed my pet erikbaboy ###############

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cebu, Philippines

i am me as you are he and we are all together. =) i am not a very nice person

Sunday, February 05, 2006

a not so bitter symphony..

im sooo tired. but happy. hehe well, i had this almost a "once in a lifetime" chance to join a workshop on classical music. it was at the haus of Mr. Kintanar. there were 20 something people with violins, violas and basses.. =) it was GREAT!... i was just on the sidelines listening though.., but it wasnt like a concert, it was a workshop, so for me it was more intimate. it was RAW. =)

a certain Mr. Gomez, conducted the seminar, he is filipino, born in san francisco and lived there most of his life.. but as he mentioned i think he traveled a lot. he conducted a symphony in the states, in honduras and in prague, .. to name a few. he must be really famous...

most of his pointers were generally about music. so i got inputs relevant to my being a musician (although im in a different discipline)... one of the principles he said is.. try to get the best equipment. although its quite hard for us filipinos to get the best equipment.. *i was once told by my friend that the reason techno music isnt so commonly played, i mean there are not too many techno bands / djs here is because of the fact that the gear is sooo hard to find., and if you would it would be very expensive...

well anyway. mr. gomez said that filipinos are resourceful, thats a plus. One very important thing, especially to string instruments, is to keep the strings clean. before going to the workshop me and my friends were discussing about the importance of keeping your equipment (wooden guitars most specifically) in a very strict manner.

after mr. gomez cleaned one viola, and one violin, he made the person who played with that instrument, play it again and speak to the class what he noticed. i myself noticed that this time, the tone is more clearer and more powerful.. whether it was a placebo effect we will never know. hehehe. he said that by cleaning your strings it would improve the clarity and power by 10%.. now i must make sure to clean my strings. hahaha. i remembered the last time we played accoustic, i knew for sure that my gear was out of tune. (a 12 string accoustic guitar) later i found out that there is a special way of tuning your auxiliary strings.. tsk tsk.. too bad.

i have to cut this short..

lol..

did i mention, it took the entire afternoon, and i didnt mind.. it was sweet, very emotional, very intimate.. for me at least.. its as if the strings cried., the strings laughed., the strings sighed.. all in harmony.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home